Plaisirs Gastronomiques, a Quebec family business founded in 1993, is a leader in the high-quality ready-to-eat sector. Our big family relies on more than 500 employees who are the active ingredients of our success, mainly at our plants in Boisbriand (North Shore of Montreal) and Longueuil (Les Cochonnailles brand).
At Plaisirs Gastronomiques, it’s fun to work!
The Payroll and Benefits Advisor reports to the management team. They are responsible for paying all employees on a semimonthly basis, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable laws. They are also responsible for employee benefits and managing all disability cases, from the moment the file is opened to the date the employee returns to work.
- Ensure the pay is accurate for all employees and make remittances to the various levels of government and other organizations.
- Ensure salary increases are paid, including retroactive payments when necessary.
- Handle payroll processing activities.
- Participate in compensation surveys.
- Assess good payment practices and make adjustments where required for greater efficiency in processing payments with Ceridian.
- Register employees for their benefits plan when required.
- Plan information events for employees regarding various subjects related to benefits, retirement plans, pay, etc..
- Inform and communicate with employees, through various means, about upcoming changes, reminders, clinics or other information related to their benefits and pay.
- Participate in various improvement projects.
- Keep your knowledge up to date by participating in training sessions, seminars and discussion groups.
- Assist in recruitment during busy periods.
- All other related tasks.
- 5 to 7 years of payroll and benefits experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Ceridian.
- Focused on serving employees.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Well organized at work.
- Strong ability to adapt.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse and inclusive environment.
- Member of the Canadian Payroll Association (an asset).
- Member of the CPHR (an asset).
- Knowledge of French (mandatory).